Tuesday 21 August 2012

SHOPPING IS MY LIVING! Pure London 2012 visit

 Pure London is the UK's leading fashion buying event, and this Sunday I went to the amazing Pure London show for work. So for one day only I was shopping for a living!! yep me a fashion buying assistant! and yes it was even more fun than you could imagine!







I left my safe, secure, job for life, work behind 2 months. And it was the best decision I have ever made; within 2 months I am now assisting buying clothes for the shop, aswell as pretty much running the shop day to day's business, fronting campaigns and promotions. Working 6 days a week, being paid to play/ try on and sell clothes all day, as well as blogging and facebook, and everything else that it takes to run a successful business (CLICK HERE to see previous post about the shop where I am working)

So pure london is basic terms is a huge market place, where buyers/ shop owners, go to buy stock for there shops, boutique's, emporium's etc. Lots of designers, and a lot of designers representing themselves too! Which means I got to meet some and spy on some too! The biggest name I met was Olivia Rubin. She is an amazing print designer that has previously worked with Alexander McQueen and John Galliano. she also lauched a range with Dorothy Perkins, she was lovely and we did buy a few pieces! The biggest name I saw was Kat Von Dee, she has the most amazing hair. If I was shopping for myself I would have gone over and introduced myself, but I was working!

90% off the stalls were selling S/S 2013 - I know what your going to be shopping next year :) my tip? Brights the 90's rivial is still rolling through to next year but it going to be brighter and bold, more 90's rapstar and 90's grunge. Lots of crop tops still, peplum skirts/ tops and studded shoes. Also statement jewellery is must, but not even statement as in big, small but eye catching is  just as effective.

The Cliental for my work is the older women, 'yummy mummies' we call it. So I didnt look at much of the stands for my own personal taste but it was still so much fun! I did manage to get myself a few pieces though! #perks)










As well as stalls there were also catwalk shows and professional talks about the industry, jobs, recession etc.

Has anyone been to Pure? What did you think? Fashion buyer is definitely the life for me!

2 comments:

  1. That is a dangerous place for your savings, isn´t it.

    Kisses from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great opportunity for a day! Lucky you :-) Great style tips, too xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...