Monday 18 March 2013

90's Make up trend - the dark lips


So who remember's this trend? I remember as a child finding it really intimidating, and I can't say it's ever a trend i've loved. I always thought it looked like a moustache you get from drinking milk or a beer and no one has been kind enough to tell you, you need to wipe your face.

 But following the 90's fashion and make-up rival, I did wonder when this trend would surface  It seems that every other trend - grunge, rave, minimalist etc has been earthed, why not this one? 

Well today has seen the day, when Jesy from girl band Little Mix stepped out into the world wearing dark lip liner. 



Tastfully done, I think the 'dark lip liner' look can look...... ok. haha! I mean one or 2 shades darker looks alright but 3/4 or 5 shades darker - I'm not convinced! haha! There have been a lot of 'ombre lips' circulating the tumblr and instagram world, which I do think look really cool, but this 90's look is something I just won't be revisiting. 


What do you think? is there a trend you wish would stay in the past?

2 comments:

  1. he he - I don't remember this trend, but I am also hoping it doesn't come back in lol.

    Be great if you could check out my latest outfit post: Monochrome biker girl and NOTD post Jessica GELeration in Venus Was Her Name by Nail And Beauty, Cheshire.

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog and the 90's
    http://vasfashion.blogspot.co.uk/
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...